Saturday, October 3, 2009

Busy Saturday

It is 6:30 Saturday night and I feel ready to crash. Joseph and I woke up at 5:00 this morning so we could be at the Habitat for Humanity site at 6:15. We hammered up drywall and our arms/hands are now irritated from the fiberglass. It's not as bad as it was this morning, but occasionally, as something presses against my arm or hand, I will feel the sharp pain of a little fiberglass shard. After the drywall, we hammered in the H-2.5s for the garage trusses. That is not an easy job. Joseph and I were able to do quite a bit, but then I started getting tired. After I struck my left thumb with my hammer for the fourth time, it started bleeding. I told Joseph we were ready to go home.

We went to my parent's house, where my sister Kristi had dropped off the Sizzix machine for me to use. I am so excited! Joseph and I got professional pictures done for my birthday (and it was a screaming deal - $15) so as soon as my CD comes in the mail, I am ready to scrapbook.

One thing I am worried about, is that Joseph and i received absolutely no mail yesterday or today. I am a little concerned that something is wrong. We always get something, either flyers or junk mail. I am paranoid that someone is stealing my mail; potentially forwarding it to a different address. Joseph told me if we still have nothing by Monday, he would call the post office.

After my parent's house, we went to Jennifer's to install her ceiling fan. The stinking screws were not labeled, so it was an interesting process making sure we were using the correct ones. We took a lunch break with the family, and that was fun. I announced to everyone that the kittens were coming out of the closet. My Dad said, "They are all gay?!" Very funny Padre.

We went back to Jennifer's house to finish the job. We got everything up and it all looked good. Joseph turned the power back on, and I flipped the switches.

Nothing.

I started getting that sweaty, panicked feeling. Jennifer came in, all smiles, and I said, "It's not working!"

Luckily, it was not anything we did wrong. The switch to the smoke detector wasn't flipped all the way (don't ask me why that affected it, but it did). The fan works beautifully. Joseph and I did a nice job.

We got home about four and showered. Joseph took a nap and I went to the LDS bookstore for Ladies' Night. I picked up a few things, looked at the long line, and put everything back down.

I hate long lines.

I need to study. But there is a Sizzix machine calling my name. We'll see just how much self control I have.

1 comment:

  1. you're going to have to find a way to post the scrapbook pictures! I can't wait to see them, I'm also interested in this sizzix machine.... let me know how awesome it is, so I can put one on my Christmas list :)

    ReplyDelete