Sunday, October 18, 2009

Handy(wo)man

Today I unclogged my sink drain. I am glad I learned how to take apart a U-bend because Joseph a) doesn't know how and b) has no desire to learn how. Not that you couldn't probably figure it out pretty easily.

I can still be proud of myself if I want to. The water goes down the drain very nicely now that I cleaned out all the junk and hair.

I don't have any particular pictures to post; I showed Joseph the hair-clogged drainer-stopper and his reaction was, "What is that? Ew! Ugh! Go do something with that!" as he turned his head away so he didn't have to see it.

That's alright. When he hit his head on a nail yesterday, I couldn't look at the blood.

He hit his head on a nail tromping around in the attic. He calculated and measured to figure out where in the attic to drill to have the ethernet go through the wall and come out of a hole he drilled in the den. Then he drilled another hole to have it come out into the office. So he now has internet hooked up to his X-box. He has a specific reason why he didn't want it wireless...I don't remember. He uses big nerdy words that i don't fully understand.

I'd like to think we're both pretty handy.....

1 comment:

  1. Nice job cleaning the drain. Mark loves it when I can do things on my own, makes you feel really accomplished, lol! It's funny all the effort they go to, to make sure the xbox works right! Mark crawled around our attic for 3 hours in August sweating bullets to make sure he can access the internet from every room, boys are crazy!

    ReplyDelete