Saturday, February 25, 2017

Renaissance Fair

We went to the Renaissance Fair.


This guy told me, "Hey, my eyes are up here."



We took my sister Steph and she met up with her friend and the friend's boyfriend.

We checked out the vendors, watched a glass blowing demonstration, grabbed some lunch, and then went to find the mermaid exhibit.

The line to the exhibit was 45 minutes long. We kind of stood there, debating if it was worth it, and were approached by a guy who had been bellowing that his show was about to start. He asked if we were hesitating because of the long line. I said yes. He responded: You know what you have to do? You have to go in through the exit.

I went in through the exit. It was kind of thrilling because I'm usually a rule follower. All I saw was a curtain and a woman sitting in a chair with a mermaid tail and taking photos with kids. I would have been pissed to stand in line for 45 minutes. So I came back out and found J.

The same guy found us again and asked what I thought. I told him. He said there was a tank. I told him I didn't see a tank. He asked if I saw the curtain. He then said they were switching out the mermaids, they had to keep them fresh. They found one belly up this morning.

So I went back in. It was harder to work up the courage a second time but it was worth it because the curtain was drawn back and I could see the mermaid swimming. 


Then, because the guy had helped out and was funny, we went to his show. He is Gypsy Geoff and he is a juggler and a comedian. My eyes hurt after the show I was laughing and smiling so much.





The kids were so funny too. Geoff was really great at improv.






Oh it was a fun day.



1 comment: