Sunday, February 5, 2017

Covering Boxspring with Fabric

This weekend was crazy. We pulled weeds, took a friend who just had a baby dinner, picked up compost, shoveled out compost, met a friend for brunch, pulled more weeds, did a Pinterest project I've been wanting to do forever, cleaned the house, pulled more weeds, trimmed the rose bushes, planted a bush and a few plants, pulled more weeds, tried to smoke out the gophers that have found their way into our yard (still waiting to see if it was successful), went out Saturday night, worked on a baby blanket for a friend's baby shower, went to a Super Bowl party....

My Pinterest project has been on my list for awhile now and it's just now happening.

I've had a bedskirt covering my boxspring but it keeps coming untucked and it just wasn't working. I saw on Pinterest that people were stapling fabric to their box springs when it shows and I thought that was a pretty good idea.

So I measured, and bought myself some fabric.

Here is the before:

I thought about cleaning everything and making it look pristine, but this is real life. 


We took everything off the bed so we could get to the box spring. My original plan had been to cut the fabric into strips and staple the fabric to the top and bottom. It was a surprise when I realized the bottom has wood, but the top is completely metal springs and I wouldn't be able to staple anything to the top. I briefly considered sewing it but really did not want to do that. Luckily, I had enough fabric that we were able to come to a plan B.


We just covered the entire top with fabric and stapled it to the bottom. I agonized over the fabric choice. I wasn't planning on going with a pattern, but I really loved this and figured I would just do it.


J helped me with the corners.


It didn't take too long.


I'm really happy with the box spring. It's nice not having the bunched up bed skirt anymore. 


The next thing I want to do is re-upholster the headboard but the fabric I bought looks purple in my room. I guess my lighting is off. I will not be using the fabric, so now I need to hunt down some that will work. We got some samples from Hobby Lobby but I don't love either of them.


I understand why people hire decorators because this is a big decision and I really don't want to be responsible for it.

I'm trying to pinpoint when I got so old. I look back on my posts years ago and look at all the crazy things I accomplished on the weekends. I am tired. I don't remember being this tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment