Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stupid Cox

When Joseph and I bought our house, Joseph called Cox to get our service switched over. The woman told him that we were paying for cable that the apartment complex already provided. I was so glad to hear that we'd been paying for cable unnecessarily for almost a year! She took the charge off and said she's see what she could do about getting us a refund.

We never got a refund. Granted, maybe we should have fought a little harder. But Joseph and I are both a bit non-confrontational. We just let it go.

Well, we got our house and we had about twenty channels, half of which were Spanish or Religious. I asked Joseph how much we were paying for that...it was about $35/month. I told him just to cancel it. He called to cancel, and NOTHING changed. I was a tad peeved thinking we were paying too much again.

Well, today was the latest development. Joseph's cable hook up was in the den/rockband room, and he just had it hooked up wirelessly to the computer in the office (and my laptop can go anywhere) but he has been meaning to change the hook-up to the office. So he made an appointment for Cox today.

The Cox guy came out, hooked up our cable, petted our cat, etc. etc. Well, I tried to turn on the TV and I got nothing. I told Joseph to go ask the guy why we had no TV. Apparently, when we cancelled it they didn't turn it off. We were getting TV illegally (through no fault of our own).

I don't feel bad; Cox already owes me money. But I have to say I am not too happy with the whole experience.

So we have no TV. We are going to look into getting an antenna....or just find a new hobby.

No comments:

Post a Comment