Monday, February 27, 2012

A side table and a bookshelf

These are two pieces of furniture that have been sitting in my garage. I have been meaning to paint/stain them. For awhile now. I'm pretty proud of myself that I finally got around to finishing them both. If I'm being honest, it was really just to prove J wrong. He thought they were going to live in the garage forever. Nothing gets me moving faster than when I want to prove someone wrong. Or...ahem....help someone in need....yeah, that too...

This is a little side table I picked up at Goodwill.


I found a gallon of paint at Lowe's for $5. I really like this color. But it definitely didn't take a gallon of paint. Do you need anything painted this particularly attractive color of azul? Not that I'm offering my services. Just the paint. Unless, of course, you are a person in need.

I can't decide if the blue is too much with the orange and red. I've decided that I'm going to make it work. I've always wanted to be one of those people that can take something that shouldn't go together, and make it sensational.

I dream big. Blue with orange and red! Dangerous!
I got this little shelf at another second hand store. At first I liked the red, then decided it was too much and I needed to tone it down.

So it sat in my garage for awhile.
I hate our sander. See those circles? I ended up sanding it by hand. J said, "We should get a different sander....You're looking at me like that because that's what you said when I bought this sander, right?" Yep, good memory.

I think it turned out pretty well. It still has a red tinge but it's definitely more brown than it started out. I wanted someplace to put my little children's books. So I have a toy chest and a bookshelf for little kids.

They need something to do while they're visiting or they'll eat all my candy.

1 comment:

  1. I actually really like the blue table with the orange lamp. I was admiring it before I saw your comment about worry that it was too much color, haha!

    ReplyDelete