Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Re-Upholstered Footstool

Last weekend when J and I were running around like crazy (story of my life), we stopped at a garage sale. They were selling a desk and we wanted to check it out. The desk didn't meet J's very strict specifications, but we still looked around a bit.

Garage sales make me feel weird. I feel like if I walk around and look at stuff but don't buy anything, then I've basically turned up my nose and said, "Hmph. Nothing good here; all of your stuff is crap." And the people who are selling stuff are watching you the whole time. When I know someone's watching me, I start analyzing how I'm moving. Which makes me start walking funny. I don't know why. But it's awkward. Sometimes I start dancing around so that it's at least intentional. Plus it gives them something to watch.

So I usually avoid garage sales, but I scored at this one. $3 for a little footstool.

The top was a little bit gross. It was missing a button and smelled kind of weird. I decided to pull off the fabric.
There were no less than 57 staples to pull out. It was ridiculous. Luckily it was a nice day out, so I just sat there and kept J company while he worked on his garden.
I didn't get the fabric for it until this weekend. Here is the bare bones of it.
My fabric cut out and ready to go. I just wrapped it around the wood frame and stapled it into place. I didn't get a picture because both of my hands were busy.

Here it is! Don't you just love it? It's perfect for my little chair. J helped me pick out the fabric. He held it up and said, "I know you like paisleys; I think this would match." Oh, he is a keeper.
I bought the buttons that you can cover with the same fabric so that they match (what I did for my headboard), but I think I like it just like this.

1 comment: