Monday, July 28, 2014

Love is an Action

Joseph hates going to get his oil changed. He hates sitting there and waiting. But it's also interesting that he usually has to sit there for two hours, whereas when I go, it only takes 45 minutes.

Maybe he needs to work on his karma.

So because I am the best wife ever, I take his car to get its oil changed and I sit and wait.

It's actually not a big deal. They have comfy couches and I bring a book to read. The manager Ron at the Midas on 59th and Bell is really, really nice. I got a free oil change one time just because. I really like that they check everything and tell you when your shocks need to be replaced or your tires are wearing down. I had a nail in my tire one time and I had no clue it was there. Luckily they caught it before I ended up on the side of the road with a flat.

When I was sitting waiting this Saturday, we had this text exchange:


When I got home, I discovered that he had trimmed the tree I have been asking him to trim for a few weeks now. The branches were touching our roof, which isn't a good thing. But it's also over 100 degrees outside, so I can't really blame him for not jumping up that particular chore.

I gave him a hug (not too close, he was pretty sweaty) and told him thank you. That crossed off two things from my To Do List. He knows how much I love crossing things of my never ending To Do List.

It was better than the cookies I was half expecting.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet!!! Must be that you are prettier than Joseph hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm cookies...branches...I probably would have been hoping for the cookies :) Super sweet Joe! and kudos to you too Lady, for the oil change of course.

    ReplyDelete