Sunday, July 6, 2014

Quit Reading My Mind

I swear J can read minds. Or at least my mind.

A couple days ago I was sitting on the couch, not feeling very well (period cramps make me want to die) thinking I was kind of hungry but I wasn't going to move or do anything about it. Not a minute later J turned to me and said he was going to get some Doritos and did I want some?

This scenario has played itself out in slightly different ways over the years. I will be thinking I would like some ice cream, or I'm a little bit thirsty, just to have J almost immediately turn to me and say he is going to scoop ice cream or can he get me some water. Other times it has nothing to do with food. He might tell me news that I think is stupid or irritating, or I might be making fun of someone in my head, and without my saying anything he knows exactly what I think.

I usually respond by looking at him incredulously and saying, "Quit reading my mind!" And then we laugh. Joseph's laugh sounds rather sinister.

It's kind of creepy. But useful.

Today we were leaving my Mom's house and he had a couple cookies. He put them on the console in his car. I looked at the cookies but didn't say anything.
J: I know what you're thinking.
Me: What?
J: You're thinking that's gross.
Me: HA! I was not! I was thinking those cookies are going to fall when you start driving.
J: Oh I didn't read your mind huh? *Grins*
After a second goes by
J: Orrrrrrrrr....I could have said something other than what you were thinking to throw you off and make you think I can't read your mind.
Me: THAT IS JUST WHAT I WAS THINKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment