Friday, July 4, 2014

Idaho Trip: Michael's Wedding

Joseph's brother Michael got married last weekend to his sweetheart Triska.

We flew up to Idaho Falls. It was nice and cool. I actually had to wear a sweater the whole time because it was chilly.


Joseph raced me to the hammock and jumped into it with such force that it tipped over. It was funny and sad at the same time - he's been having back pain and it definitely didn't help with that.

And yes, that is my finger in the picture. Don't know how that happened.


Joseph baptized his sister Katie while we were there. His Mom wanted the family together for that.

We got ice cream and grilled cheese sandwiches at Reid's Dairy. They are pretty tasty. You can see by how busy it is that other people agree.

Michael happens to live near my Mom's side of the family - her mom, all her brothers and sisters, etc. It was hard because I wanted to see my family, but Joseph's family flew in from FL, so trying to coordinate a time to meet was difficult. Joseph and I were able to see my Grandma and my Aunt Vickie's family, but that was it. It was nice to see them. We probably should have planned a longer trip.

We went to Yellowstone with Joseph's family. I didn't take any pictures. Probably because I wasn't that impressed with it. It's a bunch of bubbling water coming out of the ground. Old Faithful is just a bunch of water spurting out of the ground. We waited and waited to watch it, and then my reaction was, "This is it?"

The wedding was last Saturday. They did it at the park that's near the river and the waterfall. It was gorgeous. I didn't get a shot of the falls. We were really busy helping set up, then had to run home really fast to change and get ready, and it was just kind of hectic.




I was wearing my sweater and I was still freezing. 



This is Triska's side of the family. I didn't get a shot of Joseph/Michael's side because I was in it. The wedding photos won't be available for six weeks.


Triska has three kids. Two of them are teenagers so I was expecting a bit of moodiness, but all her kids were really great and a lot of fun.



1 comment: