Sunday, September 2, 2012

Glass Etching

My life is a little crazy right now. I'm waiting for the liquid sander/deglosser to dry on my table and then I'm going to go out (in the heat) and primer my table. I have a deadline of getting it done by my sister's baby shower next week, so I am hustling. I am also fighting a migraine. I went to bed with one last night and when I woke up I could tell it was just sleeping behind my eye, waiting to its time to wake up and start yelling. So it's not too bad right now, but going out in the heat is definitely not going to help.

I definitely have a nap planned for today.

So in between all of the planning and shopping for the baby shower, I am in the middle of a three day weekend. And I STILL don't have enough time. I was waiting for my glass etching cream to come in the mail (ordered from Amazon) and while it should have been here Wednesday, it didn't come until Friday. The wedding was Saturday. J and I had dinner plans with his family Friday.

So this is what I was up until 1:00 in the morning on Friday night (Saturday morning) doing.

On a positive note (because this whole post has been a bit complain-y, sorry) I love love LOOOOVE my silhouette machine.





Sorry you can't really see it, but you're going to have to take my word that it really looks good. I am loving this as a present. Le Bel is their last name. So when you loan your dishes to something or bring them to an event, you'll definitely be getting them back - it has your name on it!


I didn't fully wrap it because a) I wanted to show my mom and b) I am lazy. But in the envelop I included some of my favorite recipes that my J makes for me. So I thought it was a pretty fabulous gift. All three of those dishes are etched - I should have taken more pictures, but like I said, my life is crazy.

I have a ton of cream leftover, so I am going to have to plan more projects.

I am going to enjoy my holiday tomorrow. I have brunch plans with two good friends and then I'm meeting up with some family to hang out (and they will be helping me with shower stuff, so double bonus!).

Blogs to come on Kristi's fabulous ottoman, the baby shower (next week), and the seriously fabulous cupcake stand I made for the shower (inspired from Pinterest).

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I love the way those turned out. What a fabulous present!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I think I am part robot because it took me six attempts to prove I wasn't a robot and publish my comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deidre, I love it! I'm going to do this to my own dishes now! And I really love the recipe idea. It's hard when you're first starting out to decide "what's for dinner?"

    Meg-D, NO JOKE!!!

    ReplyDelete