Sunday, November 13, 2011

House Projects

Joseph kept me busy this weekend. We bought some stuff at TJ Maxx for the bathroom and checked out tile at Lowe's, so hopefully the bathroom remodels (both guest and master) will be happening in the next couple of months, after we put in the shed. But first, some small projects.



I debated not posting this, because it doesn't look very...professional. But it was our first time stuccoing and that was a difficult spot, so who cares.

These are the lights in our kitchen. At first Joseph told me we weren't going to do anything with them because we are (eventually) planning on redoing our kitchen. Seeing as how we have been in the house for over two years and are just now thinking about the bathrooms, I think the kitchen has a few more years yet. So when I saw a light fixture I liked at Lowe's, he grabbed it up for me.

My main complaint was the lack of light these provided. You couldn't even tell you turned on a light at night.
The only problem we had were screws that were too long, which he cut down with our dremel.


We only needed one light, so we got a cover for the second hole. This fixture is not only so much better looking, but actually provides light.

We've pretty much changed out every light fixture except in the bathrooms (and those days are numbered) and the laundry room. But I don't care about the laundry room.

I also had to run to Lowe's to change out the rusted screw for the bathroom tub faucet. The guy directed me to stainless steel so that it would rust again (der, should have done that the first time).

A look back at a few previous house project posts:

We've started prepping the ground for the shed. That's going to take a little while. Phoenix doesn't have dirt, it has rocks with some dirt mixed in. But once we get it level, we'll pour the concrete and then start building our shed.

Joseph will be so happy when he can access his gardening tools.

1 comment:

  1. What are you talking about? I thought the stucco job looked great and then I saw what you wrote afterward. You guys are so handy!

    ReplyDelete