Monday, April 12, 2010

Saturday

This weekend I had a to-do list. I woke up at eight (which is dang early for me) and got my oil changed. Which my Dad taught me to do myself, but I like to have the pros check everything and make sure Marcus the Truck looks good. He is middle aged and in need of special care. Then I came home and told Joseph we were going to replace the cartridge in the bathtub faucet so that it would stop leaking (something I have been meaning to do since we moved in....but it only leaks when you use the shower, and I think the guest shower has been used about three times, so it wasn't high on the list).


I got the handle off.....no wait, I couldn't get it because the screw was stripped. I had to call in re-inforcements.


Joseph is my loosener. Taking apart the handle was tricky, because we didn't want to damage anything, but we weren't exactly sure how it came apart. We finally got the cartridge out (which smelled like dead fish), took it to Lowes (in a plastic bag so as not to offend) and bought a replacement for $15. Putting the faucet back together took about two minutes (using a new, un-stripped screw).

My friend Renee told me she paid $150 for someone to replace her cartridge. She said she would call me next time. I said I only do my own home repairs, because if I mess up, it's my own home and I can always call a professional. Plus there was a part in this project where the cartridge would not come out and Joseph and I just kind of looked at each other and said..."What do we do now??" Brute force was the key to that one....Glad I've got my Joseph.

After we turned the water back on and made sure it didn't leak, Joseph planted my rose bushes for me in the front yard. My Mom has rose bushes, but they are in an area where they get a lot of shade. We put ours in the front next to the house, so I'm hoping they do alright. Our neighbors have rose bushes in full bloom and they are just gorgeous. I don't have pictures of the bushes just yet (they are small and not blooming) but here are some of my flowers Joseph planted for me.


I love Gerber Daisies.

I am glad Joseph has a green thumb and likes to do stuff like that. I sat outside to keep him company and painted my toenails. Then I made muffins for a party we were invited to, and went to a friend's house to play games.

It was a good Saturday.

1 comment:

  1. I love saturdays where you accomplish a lot. =) And I love gerber daisies too! Those were my wedding flowers!

    ReplyDelete