Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Beautiful Women

My very beautiful sister Megan lives in Texas with her family. When I posted the blog about my eyes she requested a picture. I had Joseph take this tonight (my hair is fairly OK looking...doesn't happen very often).

I had pretty low self-esteem growing up. I really couldn't tell you why. I thought my thighs were fat and would agonize how they spread out over the chair in music class when I was in the fourth grade.

A few years back I was looking through pictures and realized all that agonizing was pointless. I'm an alright looking girl. Not model material, but I think I'm cute (wow that sounds so vain). I realized how critical I was being of myself, and also I knew quite a few cute girls who were doing the same thing.

And I decided I would stop. Or try to at least. My hair doesn't always cooperate and even though I am twenty-freaking-five I still have acne, but Joseph thinks I'm beautiful.

And you know who is also beautiful? My Mom. Look at this picture.



She cracks me up...look at her face. So all you beautiful women out there who don't see it...cut it out.

And quit dating the idiot boys...Danielle.

4 comments:

  1. Great picture and great post! I can't believe you felt this way! You are so tiny! I have a reason to hate my thighs! They actually have cellulite on them. Oh well. Off to Shred! I still have acne also. It is such a pain in the butt. I have a large pimple on my chin right now.
    Plus I put you in the pretty girl not just cute category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what's weird? I did the same thing! I think it was in 6th grade though. I used to avoid wearing shorts. Now I feel like I have chicken legs...never satisfied! ha ha I think you're beautiful D! I envy your long hair. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're totally a hottie, Deidre!! =) I really liked this post though. It's so true... we all do it. We really are our worst critics. We all need reminders that we are beautiful and wonderful and special. Thanks Deidre! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. girl you are such a hottie and don't let anyone tell you anything different. You know I always looked up to you as a my big sister (you remember that) I love your long hair and am trying to grow mine long too. :) maybe I can out grow yours, it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete