Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Last Light

Last weekend Joseph and I tackled the two lights in the front room. There is a light off the kitchen that I can't stand and wanted to switch out. Joseph said he didn't want to, because eventually we are going to re-do the kitchen and he doesn't know how he's going to do the lighting and won't know until the kitchen is re-done, so he wanted to leave the light alone. When we were at the store picking out the lighting, I found one that would look good in place of the ugly one. Joseph told me we were not switching it out. I said I wanted to. He presented the argument listed above. I told him that we needed to re-do the bathrooms first and that was going to take time, energy, and money, so realistically it would be two years, at least, before we could get to the kitchen. For a $60 light, we would get our two years worth. Joseph looked like he was wavering, so I decided I needed to bolster my argument. I wrapped my arms around him, nuzzled his cheek, and said, "Please? I really like it."

Compromise is important in a marriage.

Here's the old, ugly light that I was so determined to get rid of.

It's really stinking high up there.

Much improved.

3 comments: