Monday, September 27, 2010

The Details

I'm cheap. I don't like to spend money on things I don't have a use for. I was recently at my friend Renee's house for a party when I took a look around and had a bit of a self-revelation. Her house was very nicely decorated. A vase of flowers here, some artwork there, a mirror over there, etc. I realized that my house had, essentially, the basics. If you couldn't sit on it or it wasn't providing light, I really didn't have it. I told Joseph, "We need more details."

So we got some details.

I just love this little area. The cabinet, vase, and mirror are all new and really make my living room fabulous. If I do say so myself.

I was really frustrated shopping for side tables. You know they want over $100 for them?? Now remember that I am cheap. We found this side table at an antiques mall for a great price and I fell in love with it. Add in the vase from my wedding (that was sitting around with no flowers) and the flowers we bought from Hobby Lobby (50% off baby) and you have a very nice little area.

The orange lamp and pillows we already had. Because Joseph found them earlier and made me buy them (I argued that we didn't need pillows or a lamp). How sad is that? The little table the lamp is sitting on used to be black, so I painted it white to match.

What do you think? I think I need a little help. Anyone with a good eye want to be my interior decorator?

3 comments:

  1. Klay only wishes I had that problem! I have TONS of decorations in storage because I love buying them but our house is too small for all of them right now. Maybe you should just come shopping in my stash... I love what you added though. Makes it feel much more inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem. I won a candle at a baby shower that was surrounded by a fall wreath decoration. Jake said, "Mom where did you get this? It is the nicest thing in our house." Then he qualified it, "Well, besides our electronics!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't get any help with interior design from me, just clutter....It looks very nice. :)

    ReplyDelete