Monday, October 3, 2011

My trunk

Joseph has put his foot down. He doesn't do it very often...hardly ever. When he does I kind of like it.

I can't plan any more projects until I finish a few that I have hanging out in the garage.

Fiiiiiiine.


The original trunk. Purchased from Craigslist for $35.

Trying to get the wallpaper out was really labor-intensive. I spent a few hours over the course of three weekends. Scraping. And scraping. and scraping. And it's really disheartening because it wouldn't all come off. So I came up with a plan...

I really appreciate this boy. Helping even though it's my project. And he didn't even say anything even though I know he was thinking it.

I'm not in love with the yellow. That's one thing that drives me crazy about painting. You don't really know what it looks like until you spend $12 on the paint and get it all on there. And I am too cheap and too lazy to try again...when it just might look worse. So the yellow stays.

The pieces of cardboard I cut out to fit in the trunk. (Thanks Mom, for letting me take your new dishwasher box.)

My fabric, wrong side down, waiting to be glued.

She was driving me crazy trying to play with the cord of the glue gun as I was trying to use it.

Gross.

The cat. Up in my business, like she always is.


I'm still not happy about the top. But oh well. And yeah, it's a toy box. The toys are for my little friends when they come over. Like my little Lily. Or my nephews.

2 comments:

  1. FUN! That turned out really good Deidre! You're so handy/crafty. I bet the munchkins are going to love it. I'm channeling my inner child and she says it's super cool! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!! And I like the yellow :) Your good at painting too so I think you might be able to paint some cute little designs on the box to help "cover" it up if you don't like the yellow :)

    ReplyDelete