Saturday, January 30, 2010

Duck Blanket

I have been dying to post pictures of this....I finished it up Sunday, but the baby shower wasn't until today. It's for my friend Larissa and she reads my blog. She is such a stinking cute little pregnant lady. I just realized I didn't get a picture with her. :( I meant to.....



I made Joseph hold him so you could see him a little better. I stole this idea from a blog online....I changed it a bit. The lady on the blog put the duck head in the middle; I thought it looked better in the corner. Here's her link:

http://nikkidwright.wordpress.com/2009/02/11/fast-easy-crochet-baby-gift/

She cracked me up...you have to read it.

I hope Larissa liked it. I worked on it for about a month. With work and school, I do a few rows at night and get a little more done on the weekend. It's my fifth baby blanket.


This is the first and second blanket I made....the first was for Jennifer King, my senior at work. She is a spunky, fun girl and she has a special place in my heart. I liked this blanket so much that I made it again for my friend Katelyn. Her little Lily is so stinking cute.


This is the third blanket I made for my beautiful cousin Lindsey. She had a little boy Boston. She has another child, her little girl Avrie, but I didn't know how to crochet when Avrie was born.

I just made this blanket (number four) over Christmas break for my friend Danielle. She hasn't had her baby yet but she is due pretty soon.

I have tried my hand at baby booties but those are a little harder than blankets. I have been meaning to try a little baby sweater....My only apprehension for clothes is that you can't really tell what size it's going to be. Depending on your yarn and what size hook you use, it can be too big or too small.

Joseph is such a sweetie when it comes to my craft supplies everywhere. I have stamp/scrapbooking stuff taking up space in his office and my yarn and sewing stuff in the closet. He is very supportive when it comes to my projects. When I was buying all the stuff for my clay class, I asked him if he minded that I spent money on my little hobbies (especially since I was worried I might not be any good at clay). He told me that I need to explore and grow, and live life, and if I wanted to take my classes it was ok with him.

Love my handsome boy Joseph.

4 comments:

  1. You and your blankets are SO stinking cute!!! Joseph is pretty stinking cute, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the duck blanket! From the picture it looks like Joseph may have some separation anxiety from the duck blankie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the duck blanket, adorable! I will take a picture of it and post it on my blog so you can see it!!!! Thanks for coming to the shower, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those blankets are so cute! Especially the Duck one! I wish I was crafty like you!

    ReplyDelete