Friday, January 15, 2010

Clay, Football, and Statistics

My email buddy Keeley doesn't have internet right now and I find myself getting a little pent up. Who knew what a venting outlet that was?

The thing that stinks about a blog is that I like sharing things with people, but I definitely have to edit. I can't just start talking about work....I'm definitely paranoid that these things can be monitored. I guess I could put it on private but that's way more restrictive.

Anyway, what is happening in the life of Deidre:

I have enjoyed my time off from school for the holiday but I need to get back into the swing of things. I managed to get an A in my Finance class but it almost killed me. I totally earned that A. There aren't many classes I can say that for....But now I am taking an information systems class and I have to write a paper every week. Groan. I have five classes left...the last three are my "core" leadership classes and I'm doubling up two of them, so I have four eight-week sections left. I am officially counting it down.

I signed my sister Steph and myself up for a clay-making class. You have to buy the supplies, but I was thinking, "Clay? That shouldn't be bad, right?" Oh no. You need shaping tools and cutting tools and 50 different kinds of clay and glaze and paint....argh! It got a little expensive. This has better be something I am good at for the small investment I made! But it will be nice to spend time with Steph. I have been trying to get her to dress a little more....differently than she currently dresses, so I offered to give her an American Eagle coupon I had if she would buy their blue jeans (love their blue jeans). She told me I had to take her. Alright. I'm totally going to get in trouble because my monthly allowance is already gone (and it's only halfway through the month!) but I will try very hard not to look at the clothes.

I am excited about tomorrow. My baby brother the Marine is back from Iraq and he is in town. We are going to my nephew Matt's football game (that kid is almost taller than me and he's only eleven. I know his foot is bigger than mine). After that we are going to the Home and Garden show....Joseph just tore up the backyard and it is looking kind of bare....and weed-infested. Saturday night we have a housewarming party for my friend Adam. I am really looking forward to hanging out with him. We used to hang out all the time but then life happened.....and he moved to Surprise.

Here is something that cracked me up today:

Abraham Quincy Penberthy: Don't start making up statistics. I was just going to do that.

Hehehe. We were having a conversation about stereotypes. I said something about how you can't apply a stereotype to the other 40% of people just because 60% act that way. Totally pulled that one out of my butt, but it was intended to illustrate a point, not to be accurate.

Do you know why I know his full name? Because during a team building exercise he introduced himself as such, and then paused with an expectant look on his face. But he failed to recognize that no one in a professional setting is going to laugh at your name. So there was an awkward pause.

I rather enjoy awkward pauses.

3 comments:

  1. Hello. I thought about you today. Something I wanted to ask you. Now I can't remember what it was. *Suspense*

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I enjoy awkward pauses as well, it makes it so much funnier then it was to begin with, something worth thinking back on and laughing again!!!!
    PS. I keep getting emails about the great sales at American Eagle right now (like take an extra 30% off clearance) and it kinda makes me pissed I'm pregnant and can't fit into there clothes, I should write them a letter about considering starting an AE maternity line........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally LOVE your new page! Your pics are super cute!! =) Love ya! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete