Thursday, January 21, 2010

Phoenix Rain

I hate the rain. I think I am one of the only person in Phoenix who does. All the rest of the crazies think it's some kind of treat.

Ha.

One thing that drives me crazy is fact that everyone complains how no one in Phoenix can drive in the rain.

Isn't it funny how everyone thinks everyone else is the problem.

I'll come right out and say it: I drive slow in the rain. Especially when it's dark. Rain decreases visibility, and I have a hard time seeing the lane lines. And the fact that Phoenix roads are not built to handle the water that builds up freaks me out a little. Driving into a pond and splashing up a wall of water is not fun for me.

Not to mention the fact that my truck has a leak somehow, and when it rains, water drips on my gas-pedal foot. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that people use that as a form of torture. If they don't, it's a pretty effective idea.

Stupid rain. Give me my sunshine back.

4 comments:

  1. You aren't alone in hating the rain. This past week has been miserable! I love my sunshine state! Everytime it rains my hair goes into shock and wont do anything but friz and kink, My hair has been in a frizzy ponytail since Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, You guys are too funny! I have a love hate relationship with the rain. I think it's nice to be stuck in doors and just hear the sound of the wind and rain, but I find it totally freaky when the wind and rain knock trees down while at a church sponsored function! It makes work a mess too, being that I work for an AC company and guys can't work on roofs in the rain. Yes, I am the person that complains about you slow drivers, I drive like a maniac 90% of the time, rain or shine. Love your posts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm one of the crazies... lol =) I LOVE the rain... now SNOW on the other hand... ugh... I would trade this snow up here for Rain any day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and I would also trade DRIVING in the SNOW for driving in the RAIN. I absolutely HATE driving in the snow!! It freaks me out! But I will agree that I remember the rainstorms in Phoenix with the streets that are NOT built for all that water... That's no fun either!

    ReplyDelete