Sunday, April 3, 2016

New Curtains

I decided, about a year and a half ago, that I wanted to redecorate.

It's been taking some time.

I finally found some new curtains I like.

Apparently it was an extremely emotional decision. One that could not be taken lightly.

And of course, I forgot to take a before photo. Instead of putting the old curtains back up to take a before, I decided my time was better spent digging through old photos for a half hour trying to find one of the living room.

Time well spent.

Osa's first Christmas.


This was just last Christmas. 


The below photo cracks me up. The reason for it can be found here



The red curtains just weren't working anymore. Plus, they were torn. I'm not really sure how it happened but I'm blaming a cat.

I thought grey curtains might be nice. J wanted white. I just wanted something that was reasonable priced. Plus I needed 95 inches in length and 84 is the standard.

I finally found some, randomly, at TJ Maxx.




When we first bought the house we purchased light blocking curtains. The new ones are much more sheer and it brightens up the house during the day. And I tested it at night; you can't see through, so that satisfied my paranoia about creepers.

J likes them so much, he wanted some for his office.



He commented that the old curtains are ugly and he doesn't know why we even bought them.


The change is nice.

I thought about trying to clean things up before I took the picture, but this is real life yo.

1 comment:

  1. The picture of J cuddling Osa is the best! I always picture him saying,"It's so fluffy!" Every time!!!!

    ReplyDelete