Friday, January 1, 2016

Handmade Christmas Presents

I made a few Christmas presents this year.

The littlest dog was very interested and unhelpful.




This shirt was for my Mom. It wasn't perfect, but I thought it came out pretty good.

For my Dad. This shirt ended up being too small. I was kind of mad, because I measured one of his shirts and then measured this one, so somehow it magically shrunk in my truck.

This next gift was for my Love.



He needed a new cutting board. I burned the wood to make a tree with heart leaves. The phrase on the bottom is a joke between us. I teasingly ask him if he makes my meals with love, and he smiles that heartbreaker grin at me and responds, "Always." I hope it's not too girly of a gift for him. He says he likes it, but that might just be him being nice.

I made a few hats. Hats are always tricky things.  Depending on the size yarn, hook, and the pattern, I usually end up taking it apart and re-crocheting it about three times. I'm not exaggerating.

This is one of the hats that was taken apart. No one wants that on their head.

It ended up being a beard beanie for my brother.

I made a slouchy hat for my sister.

And one for J's sister.

My favorite gift that I made for anyone is the gift I made for my youngest sister. I asked what she wanted for Christmas and she didn't have anything for me. I threatened to make her a hug coupon book. She said that sounded nice, and while I was at it, could I throw in a head massage? Of course. A couple weeks later she texted me and said make-up brushes would be nice. I told her it is too late, I had already made her a hug coupon book. She laughed (or rather typed LOL) and I'm pretty sure she thought I was joking.

I was not joking.











I think she liked it. My Mom was cracking up. (Don't worry, she also got her make up brushes.)

I hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas because we sure did.

1 comment:

  1. Love all of the 'made with love' gifts. Such thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete