Monday, January 18, 2016

2015 Idaho Trip

My Mom's whole side of the family lives in Idaho Falls. My Dad's whole side of the family lives within an hour of each other in North Dakota. I've always been jealous. I always wanted to grow up with cousins.

My cousin Natalie who lives in Idaho Falls got married this weekend. Joseph's brother, who also (randomly) lives in the same small town, just recently had a baby. So we went up for the wedding and to see the new baby.


Allegiant flies right into Idaho Falls. It's a small airport and you walk onto the tarmac, which is weird.


We flew in on a Friday. Natalie called Friday night and invited us to dinner. It was good to meet her new to-be hubby and his two adorable little boys. Natalie's nieces and nephews were there too. The youngest one, Keeley, asked her grandma (my Aunt Vickie) for dessert. I had cookies in my bag (because it's necessary for a plane trip) and shared. She asked me, which large eyes, if I could bring her cookies the next day. Aunt Vickie laughed and said she loved all things sugar. A girl after my own heart.


After dinner we went to Reed's Dairy. Because you can't go to IF without stopping at the infamous Reed's Dairy, home to the best grilled cheese and ice cream. (Joseph was trying to see his breath in the above photo. Of course we took a normal one a second later, but this is my favorite.)

J's brother Michael is the one who had the baby. Or more accurately, his wife Triska had the baby. He's a cute baby, which is a relief. Ugly babies make things awkward.






He had very alert eyes and wanted to be involved in everything that was going on.

Saturday before the wedding we stopped by Bed, Bath & Beyond to buy Natalie's wedding present. Surprisingly, they stocked a game system that she had registered for. Of course the boys thought that was the coolest.


We couldn't wrap it until they had checked out all the games. Two nerd boys.


When we left the store it was snowing.


BBB is right by the second Reed's Dairy location. So of course we stopped for lunch.


J's little sister Camille is going to BYU-Idaho. My Mom went to school there when it was Rick's college. So Camille came up to visit for the weekend. I really needed her to do my hair. My sister Kristi was supposed to fly up with us, but ended up getting sick. She's ok now, but she's lucky my hair looked good!




The wedding was just beautiful. It was in a flower shop. My Grandpa Don used to do deliveries when he was younger. It smelled wonderful and the decorations were very elegant. I didn't get any photos with family; we were too busy gabbing and catching up. It was really good to see everyone.






On Sunday we visited my Aunt Vickie's family and my Grandma. It is so nice to see everyone. Joseph did really well driving in the snow. His brother Michael was so nice to let us borrow his truck so we didn't have any problems getting stuck.


Then we borrowed some snow clothes and went sledding.




I didn't realize until the next day, but Michael's privates are glowing green. Which prompted a group text message wondering if his son Crew will start exhibiting super powers. We also referred to it as his "front butt" which is apparently their Mom's terminology for that specific area. 




Michael is in the army, and the army boots came in handy for the snowy weather. They were getting ready to push a stuck car.

I had this adorable face to keep me company on the flight home.

I was prepared for a bone-chilling freeze, but I was pleasantly surprised. I've shivered more during a Phoenix winter than in Idaho Falls. Maybe it was because I had a nice heavy coat, boots, gloves, a scarf, and a hat. But the weather actually wasn't bad. The snow isn't that bad when you don't have to shovel it.

No comments:

Post a Comment