Monday, April 4, 2016

New Sign

When I found my new curtains at TJ Maxx I also found a piece of art that I thought was nice. (Art being a loosely used word. I feel a little shame at buying stock art from a store. But not enough shame to stop me.)

But then that red McClellan family sign started to bug me. It doesn't match anymore. If it did ever match. (I made it during a craft day and there were limited paint options.)


So I stained a piece of wood.


Cut out vinyl with my silhouette machine. 


J always helps me make sure things are straight.


And this little corner looks a lot better.


The box is on top of the cabinets in an attempt to keep the cat (cats when Jacob and Crystal were living here) down since they kept knocking things over.


I chose the words because it's right next to the kitchen. Since J is the cook, one of the things I like to do is look at what he made me and ask if he made it with love. He grins at me and responds, "Always." 

I'm pretty happy with it. I used the fonts Journal and Abraham Lincoln. I originally tried to use a stain that was lighter, but it had a reddish tint I did not love. Since it's darker than I thought, I'm glad I decided to use white vinyl instead of black.

This project didn't cost me anything. I hate when people say that, because actually, yes it did. But I had all the stuff, so I should say, I didn't spend any additional money. 

No comments:

Post a Comment