Monday, April 18, 2016

An Unfortunate Discovery

It was a Monday.
I left work to meet my Love for lunch.
Had a great lunch.
On my way back to work, I was listening to a song I have often enjoyed.

My mama don't like you and she likes everyone
And I never like to admit that I was wrong
And I've been so caught up in my job,
Didn't see what's going on
But now I know,
I'm better sleeping on my own

'Cause if you like the way you look that much
Oh, baby, you should go and love yourself
And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'

You should go and love yourself

I was singing along, when I happened to glance down.
I have one of those faceplates that tells you the radio song info.
I saw one word.

BIEBER

I froze.

I am an unintentional Bieber fan??

How could this happen?

I felt the same way I felt when I learned Donald Trump had a real shot at being president.

Shock.
Horror.
Reevaluating the whole world.

I have been going through the stages of grief. Denial. Anger. 

I told a coworker about my ordeal. The coworker advised me of another song I have enjoyed that is also a Bieber song.

He invited me to a concert with his small child.

Said we could have t-shirts made.

I had been eyeing Canada as a nice place to live. May as well embrace one of their own, eh?

1 comment:

  1. I was punishing a child by playing a Beiber song loudly to torture them. Well the joke was on me because it grew on me. I became a closet Beiber fan. I could only safely share that with Brianna who is also a fan.

    ReplyDelete