Saturday, January 4, 2014

New Shed

My only complaint about my little house is my lack of storage. I don't know how I ended up with so much stuff. I think back to when J and I were first married and we lived in one small bedroom (we lived with my sister). Then we got an apartment and bought our first couch and table. And I remember when we bought our house and it seemed so empty.

We cleaned out our garage so J could park in there, and our bikes ended up in the guest bedroom. When Jacob (Joseph's brother) moved in, the bikes ended up in the shed (blog posts here and here). Joseph was not happy about that. That shed is his garden shed and he could barely walk in there to get his tools.

So we made plans to buy/build another shed. We saved up money, found a good deal, and got to work.

It was the same time his family was in town. So I felt a little bad that they ended up helping, but I REALLY appreciated the help. Especially since it was one of those tin sheds that have 1,005 screws. I'm not even exaggerating.

We built the base the same as the other shed - pavers.





The boys had a throwing sand bag contest.




It feels so good to have that crossed off my List. My garage is cleaned out so I can actually open my door far enough to exit my truck normally instead of squeezing through two inches of space.

No comments:

Post a Comment