Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Happy Birthday Sissies

We went to dinner at Carrabba's last night to celebrate my baby sister Breezy turning 21 and my oldest nephew Matt turning 16.


Matt is so tall. I think he's over 6 ft now. When he was younger I used to call him midget. Yes, as I post that on the internet I realize it is probably an inappropriate, offensive term. But now that he's so tall I think calling him midget is funny...all the good jokes are offensive anyway.

I can't believe my baby sister is 21. Is it weird that her being 21 makes me feel older than the fact that I will be 30 this year? I don't even care about being 30. But my baby, sweet, innocent sister being 21? I feel the cold whisper of death.

Speaking of the cold whisper of death.

At Sunday night family dinner sisters were asking what I was going to do for my 30th birthday. I'm not sure if I'm going to throw a party (I have certain discomforts with being a host - making sure everyone is having a good time, worrying when not everyone knows each other, etc) or go on a trip. This resulted in a conversation that my mom promptly posted on FB:

Daughter Deidre turns 30 this year. She might do a nice trip, so was trying to get myself invited along by saying I turn 59 this year, and might be a big year, as could be dead by 60. "Everyone needs a goal," Deidre replied.

No comments:

Post a Comment