Thursday, March 7, 2013

Surprise!

Finally! Someone is not getting turned into chicken noodle soup.

Yet.


I took this picture as a joke and texted it to HP and Deni (the people, not the chickens). The pointing is for HP, because that's what she does in photos, and like the good friend I am, I give her crap for it. I feel like this is a creepy picture with too intense pointing. But I also think you can feel my excitement.


I'm a little disappointed it's not green or blue. But I'll take it.

(Here is the story of the chickens and how they were named).

6 comments:

  1. I'm having mixed emotions. Super happy about your pointing picture! Kind of disappointed that my namesake chicken wasn't the one that laid the egg. Maybe she's working extra hard to make a blue or green one...come on, HP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait wait wait. There really is such a thing as a green(and/or blue) egg! I thought those only existed in the land of Seuss...and Easter. I definitely want to hear about it if one of them pops out a colored egg! And wahoo!!! Congrats on your first egg! You did not mention you got chickens for Christmas. I would have definitely remembered this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So what is the current chicken status? Anymore eggs?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also Very intense pointing. It made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking at these pictures again and laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So....we got rid of the chickens. J looked them up online (silkies) and apparently they are known to not lay eggs. So we took them back to Pratt's. I was going to just trade them in, but we had a party that weekend and I wanted a poop-free patio, so we waited, and I just haven't gotten around to getting new chickens. Yet. J said since it's getting hot, we should wait until the end of the summer b/c hens get hot and broody and don't lay anyway.

    ReplyDelete