Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Busy Week

I started looking at the pictures on my phone and realized this week has been busy.

Thursday was Valentine's Day. Joseph asked me (using a tone that indicated he thought it was a stupid idea) if I wanted flowers sent to my work. He has never sent my flowers. I don't think he has ever even bought me flowers. And I'm not complaining. I am a cheap person and flowers die. But it could have been one of those disastrous moments for husbands who say the wrong thing. (Seriously, I can't tell him to send me flowers. That's one of those things you just have to do if you're going to do it. Or just don't. But don't ASK.) Plus, we've been married long enough that he should know to get me candy. Or better yet, chocolate covered strawberries. What am I going to do with flowers?

He made up for it. I didn't want to go out, knowing it would be crazy, so he made me dinner.


Flowers that he picked from the garden. (Yes, that is chocolate milk in my cup. We own Nesquik and it's mine.)


The filet was made with a balsamic reduction, asparagus, baby red potatoes, and some bread. It was seriously good.



Way better than flowers. He dipped more and I'm pretty sure I ate 15 in one sitting. It was a pretty good Valentine's Day.

The weekend was spent in the backyard. I am just a little sunburned.

One project was finishing Kristi's dresser. I didn't get a decent "before" picture but here it is prepped to be painted.







It doesn't have knobs yet. Kristi was thinking of painting the drawers different colors or maybe doing some sort of stencil on the front. Flowers, or maybe an inspirational saying. For now she's going to leave it gray.

Katelyn and Brian invited us to an 80s dance at their church. I didn't really have enough time to find an outfit, but Katelyn looked great. 

I love watching Joseph dance. I wish I would have taken a picture. He makes his dancing face and his moves are worthy of a sitcom. 




The final project of the weekend was the fence. Joseph has been wanting to fence off the garden area so Micah doesn't do his business in there. Plus, he thought it would add a little visual interest.


We had a few struggles with the placement, getting it straight, and the hard, rocky ground, but I think it looks nice.



We let the chickens out and they immediately settled down next to each other.


I can't remember if I mentioned that we got chickens for Christmas from Joseph's sister Katrina. My friends HP and Deni were asking me what I named the chickens. I told them I didn't know. They said they needed names that went together, like Thelma and Louise. I said how about Deni and HP?

HP is on the left. Deni is on the right.

Deni does not appreciate having a chicken named after her. HP is honored.

I texted them this picture and said, "HP and Deni are BFFs."

The weekend ended with a birthday party for my nephew Talon. The little guy is nine. He is my third oldest nephew. They make me feel so old. I'm bummed that I didn't get a picture with him. But he had better things to do than to hang out with old people.

3 comments:

  1. Nice dresser, fence and chickens. Your dad asked me if I wanted flowers. I kind of feel the same way about flowers. If they show up, wonderful, if not, don't ask. I bought myself a RED pasta pot from Costco. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS Hope you post something new soon. I am running out of reading material since I am off of FB for Lent. The pasta pan worked well. Well, except I had the lid on it seeing if you can cook the pasta with the lid on since it has the little drain holes. Nope, you can't. It boiled over. Live and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously funny stuff. I like that one friend didn't appreciate it and the other was honored. I did read that chickens are social animals. Maybe you need a few more to really get things going and if you want to name a chicken after me because I made this suggestion.....

    ReplyDelete