Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Kristi's Project

My sister Kristi has been telling me I need to help her with a couple projects for awhile now.

I am more than happy to help, but you have to put something on my calendar. (I blame the delay on you, Kristi.)

We finally made a date to get together this Saturday. Her dresser is sitting in my kitchen, primed and ready for paint (it probably took an hour to tape it off and five minutes to spray the primer on it). The other project she wanted to do involved my Silhouette machine.

This is a modern style coffee table. I really didn't help with this at all except show Kristi how to use my Silhouette software. The design is completely hers. And she did all the painting.

That is my kind of project...where someone else does the work and I can blog about it.


Here is the section she painted pink. The cut-out shapes are from my Silhouette machine. Then she painted the whole thing black.

Isn't it lovely?

The weather wasn't really cooperating. The day we actually get together to do a project is the day it rains in the desert. So we'll finish the dresser this coming weekend.

It was fun going to the paint store. The two guys there (TWO) were totally flirting with Kristi. One of them gave her a whole bunch of stir sticks and one of those can opener things....for free. Yeah, yeah, stir sticks are free, but I'm pretty sure those can opener things are like....two dollars.



2 comments: