Sunday, March 3, 2013

Palo Verde Family Day

My Dad works at the Palo Verde Nuclear Power Plant.

I'd tell you what he does there, but it's complicated. He tried to explain it to me once. Too many big words.

Their family day picnics are a-MAZE-ing!! They get the big grassy field at Glendale Community College and set up all sorts of fun things.



A padded fighting ring. As you can tell, my 15 year old nephew Matt had the advantage over my poor husband. He spent most of his time on the ground.


If you can see those large balls, you get in those and roll around. I didn't realize I was dizzy until I got out of the ball and staggered around a bit.



When I got to the top of that slide and it was time to go down, there was a little hesitation. It's a lot higher and scarier when you're actually up there!


Delicious, free treats. 


Delicious, free food. That came with a cookie.



More delicious, free treats. I definitely had a sugar crash later.


The jumping thing. I told Joseph I could do a backflip. He made me prove it. I am out of shape; I could only jump for about two minutes and then I had to get off.


Dano and Andrew. His two little kids had a great time.


He started out wearing a red shirt, but it was pretty warm outside.


Kristi and me.


Quite a few people went on this ride. It sounded like it started out fun, but the longer the people stayed on, the more they started moaning a bit. It spun you every which way, and you usually ended upside down.


Austin on the rock climbing wall.

There was a ton of other stuff. Little carnival games, bouncy houses, a rat race bouncy thing, a bull riding game, and other stuff. The lines weren't too bad, so you didn't have to wait forever, and we did a lot of stuff. It was a fun day.

I posted these pictures to Facebook and realized I didn't get one picture of my Dad. We were split up at times, but I'm still a little bummed. Maybe next time.

2 comments:

  1. This seriously looks like so much fun! Every time one of you would post pictures I would a little more jealous, haha!

    ReplyDelete