Sunday, January 20, 2013

Baby Bunny Photo Prop

I found this on Pinterest:

http://www.sweetlovecreates.bigcartel.com/product/brown-bunny-set

Here's one of the photos if you don't feel like clicking the link:


This is $75. Woooooo. I thought to myself...I can make that.

My sister Megan who lives in TX is a photographer and sometimes takes pictures of babies. I thought it would be a fun little project.

So I set about looking for patterns. I haven't had to pay for a pattern yet, and I'm pretty proud of that. Patterns are usually pretty cheap online, but I don't mind hunting around or modifying something. It's more fun that way.

Here's my finished product:




I put wire in the ears so that they will stand up and you can twist them around different ways. The ears are the only thing I made up myself; the hat is an easy pattern, there are free diaper cover patterns online, there are free tutorials for how to make pom-poms (the tail). But I couldn't find any cute bunny ears. So I looked at the inspiration photo, and thought to myself that those ears actually look like the base of a slipper pattern. So I pulled up a slipper pattern and played around with it. I made two ears that I rejected, but got it right on the third try.

The only thing I did not like about this project is that I had to sew the ears, button, and tail. I stabbed myself four times. I am just not nimble with a needle.

I told J if we ever have a little baby, I'll make a little bear one for our little boy. I have been referring to the imaginary child as "jCub" since J is my jBear. Except it gets a little confusing because it just sounds like Jacob.

3 comments:

  1. I love it and I can't wait to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. D, for one, this is so freakin adorable I can't even handle it! Two, I love that when you post a link you consider those of us that are too laze to go to the link. It makes me laugh in appreciation every time...and seriously ponder how truly lazy I am. Three, that jcub Jacob thing cracked me up! But that's a super cute idea!

    ReplyDelete