Sunday, January 22, 2012

Giving a Popcorn Tin a Makeover

I saw a cat food tin at TJ Maxx. It was $16. I thought about buying it, but didn't want to spend $16. Then I realized that it looked like a popcorn tin with a coat of paint.

My sister Kristi found a popcorn tin for me. First I had to eat the popcorn. Small sacrifices must be made.


Spray painted part of it white, let it dry.

I cut out words with my Silhouette Cameo that I got for Christmas. That's contact paper you put on shelves that I picked up for Lowe's. You can see where my spray paint dripped; my coat was much too thick.

Once the words were stuck on, then it was time to spray-paint it black. Joseph offered to help.


I told you Lilly is always up in my business. Look back at my previous project posts and you can see her lurking. Checking out the shed, checking out my toy box. For once she actually belonged in the photo.

6 comments:

  1. You need to show me how to do those 'highlighted' back to other post html, deals...very nice cat food can. As always, you cracked me up talking about making the sacrifice by eating the popcorn. So funny. Great job on the silhouette! I might need some help with some lettering....once I get finished with some sewing....lot of sewing....lots and lots of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I'd pin this to Pinterest, but I have people following me, who I don't even know, and I do not know if you want them following you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am jealous that you have a Cameo! I have a several projects that I want to do. Maybe when I come you would help me do one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, bring your project ideas and we can work on them. I totally forgot about my suitcase that I was going to turn into a chair/photo prop for you until I noticed it AFTER you guys left. Don't let me forget about that either.

    ReplyDelete