Sunday, March 7, 2010

Joseph's Garden

Joseph has always wanted a garden. He used to talk about it when we first got married over three years ago. I told him once we got our own house he would have one. Well, now that we've got most of our high-priority house projects done, and it's a good season for planting, he decided it was a good time to start his garden. We went to Lowe's (I think some of their employees have started recognizing us) and got some wood, piping, screws, etc.

It was a nice day outside with a nice breeze. I was inside with two friends, Anna and Larissa, but I did step away to take a couple pictures.

Here is where he is going to put his garden. You can see the dead bushes in the back. I'm glad those bushed died; they had thorns. We are just going to have to tear them out. That day after my friends left, I had to tackle weeds in the front yard. I don't particularly like that part of homeownership.

Joseph flexing. He hasn't completely finished the garden yet; it got dark and started raining. I don't know what is happening to Phoenix; I thought we were supposed to live in a desert. My weeds are really thriving with all this rain.

I will post pictures of the finished garden when it's done. Joseph can't wait to start planting.

3 comments:

  1. too cute, I can't wait to see the finished product. By the way, you're house is amazing, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joseph anytime you want to make a trip to TX and build some more raised beds for me, just let me know! You two are too cute! Great job on all of your home improvement projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would LOVE to have a garden too! Someday... Looks like yours is going to be nice!

    ReplyDelete