Saturday, March 13, 2010

Joseph's Garden and New Dishwasher

One of these Saturdays I am just going to relax. I promise myself I will....

Joseph and I don't even know if this dishwasher works. It was disgusting inside. My mom made suggestions to clean it out, but we have just been hand-washing our dishes. I really can't believe that only two people go through so many dishes.....We didn't have a new dishwasher as a high priority just because it wasn't really necessary. Although washing dishes by hand is not ideal, there were other projects that we really wanted/needed to get done first. But we've finally saved up, and Joseph checked consumer reports, and we are the proud new owners of a dishwasher. Da da da daaaaaah.

Joseph is hooking up the wiring.

That is me. Inside the cabinet under the sink. Connecting the drain hose. I seriously had to crawl in there; I don't know how a big burly man would have been able to reach that connection.
There is always a point in a project that I wonder to myself why we didn't just pay the extra $150 for installation. When the pipe is leaking everywhere even though we turned the water off, or my connection isn't fitting properly, or there are additional steps that we didn't anticipate.....I seriously kick myself and promise myself that next time, I'm paying someone to do it.
But then the dishwasher is installed, or the toilet is installed, or the closet doors are hanging straight, and I feel such pride. I feel like I've learned something and I understand a little bit more how things work. And dangit, I saved myself $150. It only took us two hours.

So next, we will be tackling the garbage disposal. :)

Switching subjects, here are the follow up pictures of Joseph's garden.


Look at the watering system. I hope everything works out for him. He's really excited about his little vegetables.

2 comments:

  1. The dishwasher, nice the garden= awesome, I hope everything grows well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are awesome! Everything looks so fantastic!

    ReplyDelete