Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Joseph's Garden

I was minding my own business when Joseph approached me carrying one of those plastic tubs that plants come in. He told me to look at what he had, and I figured it must be a little seedling or something of the sort from his garden. Wanting to be a supportive and encouraging wife, I eagerly looked into the pot that he outstretched to me. I did not recognize what he had. That didn't really surprise me, because I don't know much about plants, but I continued to stare at it, thinking maybe it would look familiar. It was small, cylindrical, and covered in his new, expensive dirt. Was it a root? It didn't have the little dangling parts that roots have. I finally gave up trying to puzzle out what it was, glanced at Joseph and asked, "OK, what is it?"

With disdain on his face, he exclaimed, "It's cat poop!"

Joseph was very distraught that there was cat poop in his garden.

I was very distraught that he had just put CAT POOP under my nose and let me STARE at it.

I didn't know whether to yell at him or laugh. I ended up doing a bit of both.

I'm not looking at anything else Joseph Lee. You are officially untrustworthy.

2 comments:

  1. hilarious! Right after we started my garden I looked out the window and found the dog in it sniffing around. I was terrified she peed and tainted my fresh soil! Maybe you could put some chili powder on the edges of the box so it burns the cat paws when they jump up to get in? Thats how my mom always kept the cats out of our yard/garden.

    ReplyDelete