Sunday, February 21, 2010

It's The Little Things

My light switches and outlets are the almond color. I do not prefer the almond color. Joseph and I have had it on our House To Do list to change out the outlets and lights. We knew it would be no easy task.

Here is the before picture. No only are they almond, but they are dirty and stained. A lot of them had bits of paint on them.

Here is an outlet Joseph is replacing in our den. We got a fairly good system going and worked as a team.

It looks soooooooo good. It's new and crisp and clean looking. We were only able to do the living room, den and dining room. We still have the kitchen, hallway, bathrooms and bedrooms. But we got the biggest rooms done, and we're pretty fast at it now, so we'll get the rest done next weekend.

As I was cleaning my house before and after the dinner party, and while we were changing out the outlets and lights, I kept thinking to myself how glad I was that we have a small house.

2 comments:

  1. The white looks a million times better! Nice job, I love that you do your own repairs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know if there is anything we can help with. Even if it is just show Joseph how to do something. It seems like Joseph is pretty handy to have around.

    ReplyDelete