Monday, December 14, 2009

If something is missing....

I had today off from work, and I got to spend some time with my Mom, Grandma and Dano. It was a fun day; we went to World Market, Pier One, Styles for Less, and Walmart in the little shopping center by my house.

At Walmart, my mom picked something up (I cannot tell you what it is because Santa is going to be bringing it for the Nelsen family) and Dano and I said, "I thought you have one of those."

Nope, she gave it to Megan (sister Megan, lives in Texas).

I said, "Didn't you need my scotcheroo recipe because you gave the cookbook it was in to Megan?" We are noticing a pattern.

A couple minutes later we were walking through the seasonal area, and I noticed a train set. I said, "Mom, whatever happened to your train set?"

Dano said, "She gave it to Megan."

Dano was joking, my mom just can't find it....it might be in the garage or the black hole she calls a closet, but the train set hasn't been seen in a few years. My mom just cracks me up; she will give you the shirt off her back if she thinks you want it.

2 comments:

  1. I definitely don't have the train set! Ha! Breezy wrote down that recipe before I took the cookbook! Does Mom still have those tin soliders that play music that hit the little bells?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is in the garage. Dad said anyone that wanted to get it out and set it up, could.

    ReplyDelete