Sunday, December 6, 2009

Busy Saturday


My work has a Season of Sharing. We "adopt" children and purchase Christmas presents and do other nice volunteer work. This year, we also were responsible for a Christmas tree at a Children's hospital. Everyone made a little snowman decoration (that was our theme) and a group of us went Saturday morning to decorate the tree.

After the tree decoration, I ran to Target to get a gift for Danielle's baby shower later that night and then headed home.

I left Joseph an item on his honey-do list; to paint the guest bedroom. His family is coming for Christmas and we are going to have his brother Michael and his wife Sarah staying with us (the rest of the family will stay in the house they still have here in Phoenix). When we first painted our house, we painted every room except the two bedrooms (one is a guest bedroom and the other is an office) and the laundry room. Painting EVERY other room in the house was just
exhausting; we had to stop somewhere and we were ready to move in already. But it looks FABULOUS. And Joseph has some mad painting skills; he refused to take the outlet covers off the wall because he can just paint around them.


Here he is painting the corner without any tape. It looks like a professional job. Just so you know, I helped when I got home. I did the baseboards, windowsill and other small areas that he couldn't get with the roller.


Just when we finished with the bedroom, we had to clean up and leave for the baby shower.
One thing I love about my department is that if there is ever a baby shower/housewarming/etc., the people really come through for you. I know they did when Joseph and I had our housewarming this summer, and they really came through for Danielle and Brannon....they got some AWESOME stuff!

Jen put the kids to work handing out the presents. Here is Danielle and Brannon, the proud soon to be parents.

After the baby shower it was kind of late, but Lowe's was still open, so we picked up our Christmas tree. I didn't get any pictures of it...I have no idea why because I am crazy about Christmas.

One blessing in disguise; I already have most of the homework for this week done because I accidentally did it two weeks ago! And while it was an aggravation two weeks ago, it is REALLY nice this weekend, because I have a test next week. I'm pretty sure having homework, a test, and my busy Saturday would just put me over the edge stress-wise.

No comments:

Post a Comment