Friday, December 18, 2009

Christmas lights and the toilet

I had some time off and was able to cross quite a bit off my to-do list. One thing Joseph and I had yet to tackle was hanging Christmas lights. I knew we were going to install a new toilet Saturday, and then the Holiday party for work was Saturday night, so I decided to surprise Joseph and hang the lights myself on Friday. Luckily, my sister Steph offered to help me out.


Hanging Christmas lights.



Steph up on the roof.

The Christmas lights was a fairly easy project; there wasn't really any large disaster....other than being unable to find the lights I wanted. But the next day was Toilet Day.

I watched a video online about how to replace a toilet....it looked super easy. The video was a minute and a half long. Piece of cake, right?

Uh-huh. Because my projects always go just how they should.



The old toilet.



We got the old toilet up and I told Joseph, "We have a problem."
The flange is completely rusted.



I cut myself pretty bad ripping out the old flange.


Joseph screwing in the bottom.



New toilet.

I'm not even going to go into everything that went wrong on this project. I just hope we installed it correctly. My biggest fear as a homeowner is that I have mold growing in my walls or some slow rot somewhere that I won't be able to see until my house collapses.

But let's think positive.


2 comments:

  1. At least it looks nice and hopefully if there's mold, the people that move in after you will have to deal with it :) Mark replaced a toilet in our townhouse..... it countinued to leak, so we moved to the other bathroom. I'm very proud of your home fixing skills, you're quit a gall :)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes, you are quite the do-it-yourselfer. I keep being impressed by all these things you do yourself (and with your hubby)! But mostly by yourself because I'm a wuss and always make Klay do anything he 'should' do. Maybe I should take more initiative and learn from you!

    ReplyDelete