Sunday, January 1, 2017

Christmas Party

The weekend before we left on our cruise we had the family over for a Christmas party.

I did a little bit of planning but I tried not to go overboard.


The cheese snowman was a pretty big hit, but that may have been because everyone was waiting on dinner. He only had part of his face left by the end of the night. I had wanted to make these chocolate mice I found on Pinterest, but you need the cherries with a stem for the tail, and they must not be in season because I couldn't find them. So I didn't have too many themed snacks, but we had a delicious Mexican dinner....


...and then painted cookies with frosting, which everyone ate for dessert. I don't think anyone took their cookies home on a plate, because they all went home in a belly.





The ugly sweater contest was a big hit.




But not as big a hit as the white elephant gift exchange. Poor Breezy picked a candle she really liked, but it was stolen by Danielle. So she had to choose another present.


We cracked up laughing when she pulled this out of the bag. Breezy hates these strange head massagers and can't use them, we have found from previous experience. The tingles are just too much.


Luckily there was other stuff in the bag she could use.


We played some Minute to Win It games.






The prize for winning was pretty fabulous. Homemade caramel and apples. Which was the only thing I allowed myself to stress over, because prizes need to be taken seriously.


Everyone in their ugly sweater glory. I feel bad, because we didn't get a photo of J's family, but the majority of them weren't there.

I am always amazed at how many people my house can hold.




I also had a Christmas ornament crafting station, but that wasn't horribly popular. A few people did it, but it just took too long. I think in the future I'll skip that activity. 

We also broke in the new fire pit with smores, but it was too dark so I didn't attempt photos.

Overall it was a really fun night full of laughter. And I wasn't too stressed out which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment