Friday, June 3, 2016

Wooden Hearts

I got an idea (from Pinterest) to create a gallery wall.

I decided one thing I wanted on the gallery wall was a heart. Drawn and cut by J.

He draws me hearts on my mirror and I love how they are lopsided, the left always larger than the right.


Random fact...did you know that after seven years, a paint can will start to rust?




I cleaned it up with my dremel, stained and painted it.


I really like it. And I was doing a separate project for my sister Danielle that involved the number 2 for her two year old son. I stained two scraps of wood to ask her if she wanted it brown or grey. Then I had two scraps of wood....begging to be hearts....


My sister Danielle made me that shelf and my sister Kristi made me that candle. I really love it. I initially placed my first heart up there for a temporary spot because I needed to buy a piece for the back to hang it on the wall. But that may be where the hearts live now.

Incidentally, here is the number 2 for little Jett. We haven't taken his two-year-old photos yet. Hopefully he's not three by the time we get around to it. 

I told Danielle I'll put it in my guest bathroom when we're done. Then when people come over, they can think to themselves, "Why is there a number two in the bathroom?....Oh wait."



No comments:

Post a Comment