Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Trip to CA

We took my oldest nephew Matt, newly graduated from high school, and his girlfriend Jaylee, to California.

I asked where he wanted to go and he said Six Flags.


Jimmy Johns likes you to have something to read in the bathroom.


I made a playlist of songs for the ride out and a number were from the 90s. I thought about it and realized that Matt and Jaylee were not even born when some of the songs were released. I was making them listen to oldies.




We saved $20 and took the trolley over to Six Flags. Our first hotel was just across the street.












I'm not the biggest fan of roller coasters, but I do try to get outside of my comfort zone and make sure I don't limit myself because of my fears.

And if I have to die proving it to myself, well....my family knows where the will is located and my fur children will be well provided for.


Our second hotel was right on the beach. Just my style. 





















When we walked out to these rocks to take a cute picture, we attracted the attention of a drunk guy up on the pier. He started talking to us and informed us he was running for president. I turned around to tell him I'd vote for him over Trump or Hilary. Drunk Guy on the pier has to be better than those two idiots. 

And that's when I fell.

I had J's hand so I took him down with me.

We went down so fast it took drunk guy a second to realize. He was busy telling Jaylee he was "Jealous of her boyfriend." Gross. He followed it up with "Because he's so tall....hahahaaaa just kidding."

As I tried to pick myself and my shattered pieces of pride up from the rocks, he shot out a "Nice buttcrack" just as I was bent over and my humiliation was complete. I didn't answer him when he asked if I had been drinking. He replied with "because I have!"


I refused to go out on the rocks after that but sat on the beach where it was safe.

We had some delicious beach tacos. Which ended the night with someone having major, super stinky gas (I won't say who because I don't want to embarrass this person, but it wasn't me - if it was I'd own up to it). It was the worst. Every time was like a slap in the face. We ended up making a "go onto the balcony" rule. Which wasn't always followed because apparently it was sneaky ninja farts that just snuck up on this person.

Or the fart maker just didn't care that the lack of breathable air was slowly killing our brain cells.

Other than those small incidents, it was a fabulous trip and I hope the kids had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment