Monday, February 15, 2016

Three Day Weekend

Sometimes I go back and look at my old blog posts. It amazes me how much I got done. I feel like I had so much more energy when I was younger.

I'm actually pretty proud of how much I crammed into this weekend. It was kind of cheating, since it was a three day weekend.

I asked my sister Kristi to be my Valentine. She loves owls, and I had found this tutorial on Pinterest:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433909.0#axzz34N4Rousn

I made this owl, which looks nothing like the tutorial.


I had a friend tell me it looked like it was kicked out of the nest and had a hard life. But Kristi said she liked it...

I wanted to do something fun for my Valentine, and also my brother for his birthday. So I took them rock climbing (also J, we needed a fourth).






Kristi and I did a little shopping after rock climbing. The boys were not interested.

Then I worked on a couple projects. The first is a super late birthday present for the baby sister Breezy. I really hope she likes it.  The second was started before Christmas and is so close to being done. I got to use my nail gun, which is my new favorite tool. But I am so ready to be done with the projects for awhile.

In between I cleaned my house, did laundry, had friends over for dinner, balanced my checkbook, painted my toenails, bought a new phone and did all of the upkeep that goes along with that, went out to lunch with my family to celebrate birthdays (two nephews in addition to my brother), did a project for my Mom, found some Christmas presents (yes!) and tried to prevent animals from fighting.

J's brother Jacob and his wife Crystal moved in last week. They'll be here for two months until they leave for whatever state Vivent sends them to. They'll be installing alarms for the summer. They have two cats. The two cats don't mind Tiny, the four pound Chihuahua, but don't like my 30 pound Chow Osa. I'm not sure how they behave around the old man dog, who is a 15 pound Min Pin, because he just picks a spot and stays put all day, so he's usually out of the way.

Poor Osa is too much of a chicken to do anything about it. She just stays away from the hissing cats. I don't have much hope that they'll be friends by the end of two months. Cats are jerks.

No comments:

Post a Comment