Tuesday, July 14, 2015

And it's GONE



I have been thinking about chopping my hair for awhile now. I've had long hair for over a decade. A decade. J and I have been married almost 9 years and he's never seen me with short hair.

I brought it up to my hair stylist, who is also my sister, Danielle.

She told me no.

Long hair ends up being a special relationship to a girl. It's an appendage. Something you rely on. It's a crutch. Danielle has had women who cry after she cuts their hair. Now she has a rule, that you have to think about it for a month, and if you still want to do it, then she'll chop.

Awhile back, I was tired of my hair catching under my elbow, or J's elbow, so I had six inches cut off (blog here). Hardly anyone noticed. Long hair is long hair.

I was ready for a change. I would text Danielle occasionally, telling her to GET HER SCISSORS READY. It was happening after Spain. She told me she didn't think I was going to like it.



Oh I like it.

2 comments: