Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Baby Ballet Slippers: Crochet Pattern

I wanted to make some cute ballet slippers for J's friend who is having a baby.

I found a couple patterns online but they were not working out. So I made my own.


The two at the top are ones I made from other patterns. You can see how they're mis-shapen. The two on the bottom are the ones I made myself.


I'm pretty happy with them.

I used two strands of yarn together for the ballet slipper, and used cross stitch thread for the flower.
Hook: G/6-4.25MM for the slippers and 4/2.00MM for the flowers.The slippers are 3.5 inches long and 1.5 inches wide.

Ballet Shoe Sole
Row 1: Ch 10, sc in second ch from hook, sc in next 7 chs, 5 sc in last ch. Working down opposite side of chain, sc in next 7 sts, 1 sc in last ch, join with sl st. (22 sts)

Row 2: Ch 2 (counts as first hdc), hdc in same st, hdc in next 7 sts, 2 hdc in each of the next 5 st,  hdc next 7 sts, 2 hdc in last 2 st, join with sl st. (30 sts)

Row 3: Chain 1 (counts as first sc), sc in back loop only all the way round, join with slip st. (Put st marker on first sc, this is where you will join.) (30 st) This gives the slipper a little edged sole. If you crochet like me, you'll have to turn the slipper inside out when you're finished to see it.

Sides
Row 4: Ch 2 (counts as first dhc), hdc in each st around, join with sl st. (30 sts)

Row 5: Ch 1 (counts as first sc), sc in next 6 st, *dc next 2 st tog* 6 times, sc next 11 sts, join with sl st.  (24 sts)

Row 6: Ch 1 (counts as first sc), sc in next 4 st,  *2 hdd tog* 5 times, sc in next 9 sts, join with slip st. (19 sts)

Fasten off, weave in ends, thread ribbon through the back.

Flowers
Magic Circle

One Petal: Chain 1, then work 5 double crochets into magic circle, chain 1, slip stitch into magic circle.

Repeat 4 more times for a total of 5 petals.
End with a slip stitch, fasten off, pull magic circle tight.
Tie both ends together and then fasten on to ballet slipper.

1 comment:

  1. So totally adorable. I LOVE the pair you made for my baby shoe collection.

    ReplyDelete