Thursday, November 15, 2012

Checking In

I got a text from Keeley that said, "You really need to blog something. I'm going through withdrawal."

Awwww, I love you too Kiwi. I smiled so big when I got that text.

Well the kitchen blog is pending. We finally saved enough money and paid the downpayment for our countertops. They'll be installed after Thanksgiving. So once that's done I will do the kitchen blog.

I have written four or five blogs in my head but it's been one of those months where I've had so much to do (contacting plumbers, trying to find the sink we want on Craigslist, not having anyone contact us back from Craigslist, planning Thanksgiving, crocheting new dishcloths because sponges gross me out, helping my love plant flowers) that in my down time I sit in front of the TV. And think about the things that I should do. And pull my special blanket a little higher around my face, snuggle into the couch, and continue to sit there.

I am usually fine running around like a crazy person with a million things to do. But a person can get burned out. Especially if the stuff that needs to be done isn't fun. I'm not a fan of calling around for quotes and I really hate when I find the perfect item on Craigslist and the podunk won't call me back.

Christmas is coming up. Which is really exciting and yet stressful. Usually it's not stressful, but this year we don't have a lot of money. But that's a whole other blog post.

But I will leave you with this:

Deni (during a violin lesson): Have you ever been to the symphony?
Deidre: No.
Deni: That can be my Christmas present to you!
Deidre: Uh....Deni, you're getting a bottle of lotion.
Deni (starts laughing): Hahaha, oh man. 'Here Deni, here's your bottle of lotion...and your $5 giftcar--'
Deidre (interrupting): Nope, no giftcard, just the lotion.

2 comments:

  1. Aw, I'm glad I made you smile, but that was a very serious text. Love your conversation with Deni, haha. I do the same thing when I have a bunch of stuff I don't want to do. I have no idea how to find good stuff on craigslist. Maybe it has something to do with where I live, but I seriously never find what I'm looking for. I haven't even really gotten to the level of waiting to hear back from someone. That will be a whole other thing to make me hate craigslist...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just reread my comment after publishing it...sorry for the complete randomness. I'm sick so my brain is all whatever. At least that's my current excuse.

    ReplyDelete