Thursday, October 18, 2012

Broken Lamp

J and I went out to Bajio for dinner; it's located in the shopping center by our house. They were having a special on nachos. For $7 we had a nice little dinner for two - nachos covered in cheese, pork, corn, beans, and who knows what else. After a delicious and affordable dinner we got in the car and J asked if I needed to go anywhere else while we were out. I looked longingly at my TJ Maxx but said no. J turned toward TJ Maxx.

I freaking love him.

I found some awesome boots. Then I wandered over to the home section and looked at the lamps. We only have one bedside lamp in our bedroom. I found it for $20 at Bed, Bath and Beyond and have been looking for another one but without success.

I am cheap and refuse to pay $30-50 for a lamp. And I just haven't liked the cheap ones I've found. I've also tried going to Goodwill and trying to imagine them transformed - maybe a little spray paint? I hadn't had any luck.

Until this trip. I found one I liked on sale for $14.


 $14!! Woot! I plugged it in, put in a light bulb...


And it's broken. If I jiggled the switch the light would turn on, but it was obviously shorted.

Dang. Should I take back my $14 lamp?

No way.

I went to Lowe's, bought a $3.80 socket, and fixed it.


$18 lamp! Woot!!

J helped. It wasn't as easy as all the YouTube videos would have you believe. The cord did not want to come up and then it didn't want to come down; it was in there pretty tight. He is my muscles.


Look at all that hotness. Yep, you just can't stop looking at that lamp, can you?

1 comment:

  1. That really it a cute lamp! You fixed it...I wouldn't have even THOUGHT of that! :) Seriously though, it didn't even cross my mind that you would fix it while I was reading it. I was in suspense. "Oh no! What will she do now? Will she find another? Will the lamp search continue?" I really enjoyed the unexpected twist in the end of this story!

    ReplyDelete