Friday, October 5, 2012

Celebrate!

I had a rocking awesome anniversary. And then I had an equally awesome birthday.

I made J promise when we got married that my birthday and anniversary wouldn't be combined. He has kept his promise so far. And one of the things I love about this guy is that he is an AWESOME present giver.

Exhibit A: The massage table.


I realized after I texted this photo to friends and posted it to facebook that there is a bra in the photo. Whoops. Although no one said anything - they were too busy making comments about massages and pregnancy.
Ha. Ha. Soooo clever. Psh.

J told me the first three massages are free, but after that I am going to have to work for it.

For our anniversary we do what we always do - enjoy Arizona Restaurant Week. We tried Capital Grill this year and it was a great experience - wonderful food and the staff was really nice. A three course meal (dessert included) and the bill was reduced. What more could you ask for?

For my birthday I had a massage and facial I bought from Groupon. I came home and J took me out to lunch. Then he asked me what I wanted to do. I wanted to put the hardware on my cabinets. He told me he thought I was crazy but he obliged. The kitchen post is coming - once the new countertops are on. Might be a little while. You're just going to have to wait.

Saturday night I went out dancing. I have a single friend who prefers to do girls' nights only and J isn't wild about dancing, so girls' night it was.


Lottie kept gushing how gorgeous I look here. I asked her if it was because half of my face is missing.



But seriously, I looked pretty hot. All my friends are hot too. That's how I roll. Katelyn and HP couldn't make it for different reasons. And Keeley is in NC. But Deni came, even though she had just gotten back - at 7:00 THAT MORNING - from HI. I really appreciated that.


This card actually dances. 


My sister Kristi made the card on the left and Keeley made the card on the right. Keeley wasn't intending it to be Halloween themed - she just knows I am crazy about pumpkins. Keeley wanted to send me a gift card to my favorite pretzel place, but since she's in NC she couldn't get the right one. So she sent me cash instead, but it was wrapped in paper with the pretzel logo on it. I loved it!


And Kristi got me a MERMAID costume!



Deni brought me back presents from HI. Chocolate covered nuts, a Hawaiian bookmark, massage oil, and a cute dress/swimsuit cover up.

In addition to the massage and facial, Joseph got me the Whose Line is it Anyway DVDs. I had mentioned that I couldn't find them on Netflix so I wanted to buy the DVDs because that show is hilarious. He actually listened and remembered!

I really felt loved.

My Mom and Dad got me cash, which is equally appreciated. It is currently safe in my underwear drawer, waiting to be spent. Probably on clothes. Or shoes. Maybe a giraffe statue for above my kitchen cabinets. To be determined.

No comments:

Post a Comment