Saturday, August 11, 2012

Grateful

I am grateful for my family. I love that we get together for Sunday night dinner. I love the random texts. I love when we get together for a sister night (although now that Mike's home, he can be invited). I love the support my family provides, and knowing that someone is always there should I need them.


I am grateful for friends. The girls that I may not see or talk to every day, or even every month, but when we meet up we can laugh and talk and I can be my normal silly self. Katelyn, Deni, HP and Keeley, I love you girls. (And that was in no particular order! Don't start analyzing where you are in the list! It changes depending on what mood I'm in.... ;) )

Keeley

Deni

HP


Katelyn

I am grateful for my coworkers. I work with some great people.


This photo doesn't include even a fraction of them.

I am grateful for my job. I love the company I work for. The benefits are great, the managers are great, the CEO is great, the spirit is great, the campus is beautiful. If I could be promoted to a staff position, I could probably stay there until I retire.

I am grateful for my J. He makes me feel special. He lets me be a brat. And when I apologize later for being a brat, he lies to me and tells me that I am never a brat. He makes me laugh.



I am grateful for my house. Even though the kitchens and bathrooms need to be updated and it's a very small house, there are so many in the world who are living in a shack. Under a tarp near a dump. Trying to feed their children. And I remember how selfish I am and my little house looks like a mansion.

I am grateful for Marcus the truck. No car payment, 26 miles to the gallon, doesn't give me any problems, and all the usefulness of a truck (which we use regularly between Lowes and buying dirt/compost).

Count your many blessings, name them one by one...

1 comment:

  1. I was going to ignore your request to not over analyze the fact that I was LAST on your list and yell type at you, but then I saw I was first in the picture line up, so it's all good in the hood. ;0)Love you tons D!

    ReplyDelete